The Property Store - the modern approach to property.
"It's not a transaction to us. It's your home." Lorri Robb, The Property Store
We never forget that it's not just a property, it's your home. When you need to speak to us; we're there - we'll hold your hand all the way through whether you are buying, selling, renting or letting.Testimonials
A Fully Accredited Professional Service for Landlords
Major legal changes are coming to the residential letting market in January 2018 and landlords need to be prepared. Letting agents, like us, will need to be fully qualified and registered in order to let property. If your agent isn't qualified and registered - then they can't let property.
Our qualification process is in place and we're aiming to be one of the first accredited letting agents in Scotland to be fully registered under the new law.
Don't be let down by your existing letting agent - come to the real experts.
- Bespoke management service depending on your needs - we can do everything for you or simply collect rent on your behalf
- Initial free of charge valuation and advice visit. We'll meet you at your property and advise you on its letting potential and what's needed to prepare it for market - those little touches which allow you to maximise rental potential
- Great personal service backed up by a state of the art professional property management system
- For all landlords: ensuring you are complying with all current safety, tenancy and other relevant legislation by working for you in these areas. We take all the hassle away.
- Certification arranged: Gas Safety, Electrical and Energy Performance
- Extensive marketing including RightMove, Zoopla, S1 Homes, LettingWeb, Citylets, Prime Location, GSPC and many more property sites - including our own
- Look for the Pink House - unique, eye catching "To Let" boards
- Evening & weekend viewings to suit prospective tenants
- References and credit checks on prospective tenants to give you peace of mind
- Professional, itemised inventory including condition video
- All deposits lodged with Safe Deposit Scotland
- Rents paid onto you as they come into us - summarised on your monthly statement
- Managed maintenance: repairs done swiftly and affordably using trusted tradesmen
- Regular management visits
- Annual tax statements provided
- End of let services: cleaning, redecoration, maintenance and more
- Guarantee our pricing promise - NO HIDDEN COSTS or upfront fees - what we quote you for the service which best meets your needs is exactly what you pay
- Specialist Services
- Landlord property insurance
- Rental guarantee scheme available
- Access to Property Professionals: not every professional is fully experienced in rental property. We can recommend solicitors, independent financial advisors, surveyors, accountants and other professionals who can help to make your life easier.
- Portfolio Building: should you wish to build a rental property portfolio, we have access to specialist finance, legal and business advisors. See our Investment page for more details of these services.
This is up to you. At present there is a trend towards unfurnished properties, however, there are always clients who are looking for furnished properties which are increasingly in short supply. Before you make a decision contact us for bespoke advice based on your property type and location.
If you have a mortgage or loan on the property, then yes you do need to tell them. You’ll need to obtain their consent and they could change the terms of your mortgage or loan. Failure to tell your loan company could be a breach of your mortgage or loan conditions which could have very serious consequences.
You’ll also need to inform your insurance company as they will not cover any losses or damage if you don’t tell them.
We offer insurance specifically for this purpose.
You should also advise HMRC that you have an income from property.
This depends on the type of property, its size, its location and how it is presented.
We’ll advise you on a realistic rental figure which you might obtain and how to best present the property to achieve its maximum rental income. We believe in complete honesty and transparency with you – we won’t quote an inflated rental figure to win your business.
The letting agent code of practice sets out the standards expected of letting agents operating in Scotland.
"I would highly recommend using the property store . I have just recently let my flat out & they found me a tenant within 1 week. The whole process has been hassle free, Lynne in particular has been fantastic, very professional & the customer service from all the staff has been great. Thank you."
"I have been renting out my property through The Property Store for over 8 years and they have always been great - everyone is really friendly and open but also very professional!"
"I have had dealings with The Property Store for approximately 7 years. Their ever friendly and positive "can do" attitude runs throughout the company and I am happy to recommend their services."
"The attention and personal service is Exceptional. Lorraine's team are actually amazing."
"Having previously rented accommodation with other letting agents in the area, The Property Store are miles ahead of the rest. Lovely maintained properties + professional and courteous staff. Highly recommend."
"A very professional team! I'm absolutely delighted and grateful for the way in which they handled my property letting. Special thanks to Lori, Jill, Yvonne & Rachel! Highly recommended."